Food supplements can help to lose weight. Some of the most popular supplements for weight loss are caffeine, green tea extract, guarana, and Asian ginseng. Various tactics can be used to reduce calorie intake and improve energy expenditure.
Food Supplements to Lose Weight
Losing weight is a multidisciplinary effort. It is necessary to balance the diet, control anxiety, practice physical exercises and choose the correct food supplements to lose weight.
With the plethora of information about weight loss, weight loss food supplements, and all the products available on the internet claiming to have the right answers to all your weight management problems, you can end up really confused and frustrated when trying to make a decision, conscious about the best food supplements to lose weight.
This article sets out to report on the different types of weight loss supplements available on the market today and exactly how they can help you achieve your ideal weight.
[Read More: How do you set your attainable weight loss goals?]
- Fat blockers are weight-loss dietary supplements that bind to dietary fats in the digestive tract to form a fluid, gel-like compound around fat molecules.
- The resulting compound becomes too large and complex for the body to absorb and is consequently eliminated in the feces.
- The great advantage of using fat blockers is that they can be consumed with any food and they drastically decrease the amount of fat that is absorbed by the body.
- This type of food supplement for weight loss will be very good for those individuals who have great difficulty avoiding fast foods or cannot avoid eating foods rich in fat.
- One of the biggest disadvantages of these dietary supplements for weight loss is that they are only able to inhibit the absorption of dietary fat consumed; therefore, they are mainly considered to have a preventive role in weight loss.
[Read More: 5 Worst Foods for Diabetes]
Carbohydrate blockers are made to help you lose weight; they prevent the breakdown of carbohydrates into glucose and block their absorption and thus reducing the number of harmful calories entering your body.
This is the type of weight-loss food supplement considered perfect for individuals who are “addicted” to sweets, sugar, and carbohydrate-rich foods.
While carb blockers are usually considered safe as they are not directly absorbed by the body but only block the breakdown and absorption of ingested carbs, they can still cause heartburn, gas, gastrointestinal discomfort, and diarrhea.
Thermogenic Calorie Burners
- Thermogenesis is the production of heat in the body, meaning that thermogenic calorie burners work by raising the body's temperature and forcing it to burn fat as a source of energy much faster.
- However, as they only increase body temperature to produce weight-reducing effects, users can easily regain lost weight if they stop taking these weight loss supplements.
[Read More: 12 Health Benefits of BlackCurrant]
- The active ingredient in appetite suppressants is made to decrease or suppress your appetite and help you lower your calorie intake.
- It seems reasonable to accept that the biggest problem during a diet is hunger, so your first action should be to use appetite suppressants as a weight-loss food supplement that helps keep your hunger at bay.
- This category of food supplements for weight loss is the most used today and helps in weight loss by accelerating metabolism through stimulation of the nervous system (CNS).
- Drugs to lose weight or supplements that speed up the body's metabolism are often called stimulants.
- These types of products or food supplements to lose weight are the strongest, as they act faster, but they have several serious side effects and, in most cases, they are not recommended for healthy weight loss.
- Thyroid supplements are designed to affect the thyroid gland.
- The thyroid is part of a complex and well-controlled mechanism that regulates basic aspects of metabolism, such as growth rate, body temperature, and how quickly the body burns calories.
- Problems with this gland can affect a person's weight, and it's quite common to hear people say that their weight gain is the result of a thyroid problem.
- Diet supplements in this category are best suited for individuals who have hypothyroidism, a condition in which the thyroid produces too little hormone.
- The use without medical indication of this type of supplement can be very dangerous.
[Read More: Banana Diet: Plan for Weight Loss]
Herbal weight loss supplements
- The last category of food supplements for weight loss is made up of products that contain natural nutrients that aim to act directly on fat and increase the body's ability to burn this fat.
- A combination of natural ingredients is usually used to suppress appetite, boost metabolism, and prevent fat absorption into the blood, such as triglycerides and cholesterol.
- They may also contain additional herbs for nutritional support.
- The truth about dietary supplements for weight loss is that none of them, in particular, can help everyone who needs to lose weight, as everyone's body composition is different.
The various categories emphasized above indicate that individuals can use one or more mechanisms to apply.