Top 10 foods for healthy eyes
It is important to note that the main role is played not so many by-foods as by the vitamins contained in them.
To maintain eye health, like any other organ, certain groups of trace elements are necessary. But this does not mean that you can limit yourself to one correction of the diet.
A person's lifestyle also has a big impact on eye health. For example, according to the WHO World Vision Report, smoking carries a risk of age-related changes in vision, while a lack of vitamin A can contribute to corneal clouding.
It is known that a person perceives 90 percent of information through the eyes.
This once again proves that vision must be protected. This article provides the 10 best foods for eye health to help you.
What effect do foods for healthy eyes?
“Foods have a very strong effect on vision, and not only on it but in general on the health of the body. All foods containing lutein and zeaxanthin are very useful for the organ of vision - these are dark vegetables, dark berries, fruits, and leafy salads. It is advisable to use these foods every day”.
Of course, the foods will not work miracles and will not return one hundred percent vision - complex work is important.
To save vision you need:
- Do eye exercises.
- Stop smoking.
Don't forget to wear sunglasses to avoid the negative effects of UV rays.
If the measures taken do not help, you should contact a specialist to fix the problems.
What vitamins are needed for healthy eyes?
To see well, you need a whole complex of vitamins:
- Retinol (vitamin A).
- Ascorbic acid (vitamin C).
- Tocopherol (vitamin E).
- Thiamine (vitamin B1).
- Riboflavin (vitamin B2).
- Vitamin B12.
- This berry contains quercetin and rutin, which strengthen blood vessels and prevent the development of atherosclerosis.
- Another useful property of blackcurrant is that it protects the macula from UV rays and the body of the eyes from the effects of free radicals.
Eggs and cottage cheese
- Selenium, which is rich in eggs and cottage cheese, helps slow down retinal degeneration.
- Selenium is also found in beans, tuna, and sunflower seeds.
- This product contains a complete set of amino acids.
- In addition, eggplant contains anthocyanin (a soluble compound that strengthens the central nervous system), protects eye health, and prevents cataract formation.
Walnuts and seeds
- Omega-3s, which are found in high amounts in fish, are also found in plant foods such as seeds and nuts.
- Most fatty acids are found in walnuts. Omega-3 prevents age-related degeneration of vision and activates metabolic processes.
- Grapes contain resveratrol, a good body protector. This substance is an antioxidant that helps slow down the aging process in the body.
- In addition, it prevents angiogenesis (proliferation of blood vessels), which can lead to heart and eye diseases.
- It contains flavonoids - plant pigments that strengthen blood vessels. Dark chocolate also has a positive effect on collagen fibers in the cornea.
- But not all chocolates are suitable it is important to pay attention to the percentage of cocoa content: it should be 75% or more.
- Zinc is very important for eye health - it prevents premature aging of the lens, which, in turn, reduces the risk of cataracts.
- Zinc is found in many foods sesame, eggs, beef, and nuts but most of all in legumes.
Spinach is very rich in lutein. It is important to know that this pigment is better absorbed during heat treatment, so it is better to use them steamed, fried, or baked.
Thiamine (vitamin B1) is also very useful for intraocular pressure. It can be found in wheat bread, pork or beef kidneys, and liver.
Vitamin E, which is found in sea buckthorn, nuts, avocados, and germinated wheat, is useful for intraocular pressure and the prevention of retinal changes.
Vitamins are needed to prevent and maintain adequate nutrition of the retina. It is important to prevent a deficiency of omega-3 fatty acids, lutein, zinc, and vitamins A, B, C, and E.
Of course, significant deterioration cannot be restored 100% only with blueberries and carrots. But a balanced diet, the rejection of bad habits, and gymnastics for the eyes will be reliable prevention.